Zoom Program Meeting Tuesday, January 25, 2022 7:00 pm To join: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/92689155342?pwd=dHhUZjJIenozazJ1K1pNNEVOWHhlUT09 Meeting ID: 926…
Takeaways from our March Program on Birds and Bugs
- Drinking shade grown/organic coffee helps improve habitat for migratory birds
- Eating organic bananas and other tropical fruit supports the production of organic produce in the U.S.
- Keeping cats indoors will save the lives of billions of birds and mammals every year in the U.S.
- Avoiding the placement of feeders near reflecting windows and providing screen coverings for protection can prevent collisions that kill millions of birds every year
- Planting native plants, plus providing food and water in useful and appropriate ways, will make your yard more bird and insect friendly
- Using Integrated Pest Management is better for people, pets, and birds
- Remembering that the overall health of the environment begins with and depends upon your next meal choices